Columbia County’s biggest airport is conveniently located within the city limits and urban growth boundary of the City of Scappoose. Owned and operated by the Port of St. Helens, the Scappoose Industrial Airpark is a public use facility. The airport uses the three-letter designation SPB, provided by the FAA. Several private aviation and manufacturing companies are headquartered at the Airpark.
The Airpark covers 196 acres and sits at an elevation of 58 feet above mean sea level. It has a single 15/33 asphalt runway that measures 5,100 ft by 100 ft. The FAA designates this airport as General Aviation, meaning that use is for civil aviation operations other than scheduled air services and non-scheduled air transport operations for hire. General aviation generally ranges from gliders to corporate jets. Additionally, General Aviation is most-often used for flying clubs, agricultural aviation, manufacturing/maintenance, and flight training.
- Located one mile Northeast of Scappoose
- Second busiest non-towered general aviation airport in Oregon. Currently at 60,000 operations/yr
- Provides “reliever” capabilities to Hillsboro and Portland International
- Home of Oregon Aero, Overall Aircraft Services (aka Evergreen Aviation), NW Antique Airplane Club, Sherpa Aircraft, Sport Copter,Columbia Aviation
- Fixed Based Operator: Transwestern Aviation
- Airport Advisory Committee meets: last Monday, every other month, 5:00 pm, locations may vary
- Acreage available within and outside the airport boundary
Today is forecast to be Much Cooler than yesterday.
High 80° / Low 54°
Cloudy early with peeks of sunshine expected late. High near 80F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.
High 78° / Low 52°
Partly cloudy skies. High 78F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.
High 80° / Low 52°
Partly cloudy skies. High around 80F. Winds N at 10 to 20 mph.